Monday, May 24, 2004

birthdays are weird

Birthdays are weird. I always get sick around the time of my birthday- it might be the changing seasons, allergies, whatever, but I do think there's a psycho-somatic element. When I was little, threw up at a couple of my birthday parties, I guess because I had worked myself up into this state of excitement and anticipation until I was literally sick. As I got older I started getting sinus infections, one year pneumonia, around birthday time. I still get really excited about it. And then there's the inevitable let-down... something doesn't go exactly right, the day/season does have to end at some point. But I am trying to grow out of that, as part of my life-long quest to be a better and happier person.



Anyway, yesterday was my birthday, it was a great one and my throat hurts. Growth is a process.

No comments: