Monday, June 22, 2009

Summer Blockbusters!

I've seen a lot of movies lately. For me, at least. We've been going to Sundance 608 for Tuesday night 2-for-1 student tickets the past few weeks. Plus I have gotten serious about Netflix again. So, here we go, the movies and my mini-review:

27 Dresses. You know you want to see it. Katherine Heigl, like a non-annoying Anne Hathaway.

He's Just Not That Into You. Weirdly the opposite lesson as the book. Their Bennifer (Aniston and Affleck) is something I've been talking about a lot when drinking lately.

Man on Fire. We didn't finish it yet. Charlie mentioned the best part of the second half is going to be that Dakota Fanning isn't in it. Because, you know, she's been kidnapped.

Inside Man. Really good in the Denzel caper genre. A Spike Lee Joint, so had a 50% chance of being good. Delivered!

UP. Supercute. In 3D. Balloons most impressive?

The Hangover. Funny. I liked, but I think I already said that.

Rudo Y Cursi. Sweet and cute and I love Gael. Not predictable either, really.

Vicky Cristina Barcelona
. Like Spike, Woody has about a 50% success rate. Not sure I'd put this with the winners. Gosh, ScarJo is pretty and grating. Also, "Vicky" and "Cristina" are two different characters, not Penelope Cruz's name... this is apparently a common misconception. At least at our house.

1 comment:

ARISTIONO NUGROHO said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.