Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Wesleyan and Prison, together at last!

Hi President Roth,
I graduated from Wesleyan in 2003 and have spent a lot of the past 3 years I was in law school working in federal and state prisons. That work changed my life and colors the way I think about almost everything now, personally and professionally. I was so happy and proud to read the recent NY Times article about the Center for Prison Education. I think it's amazing not only for inmate students but for Wesleyan students to have the exposure and experience that spending time inside a prison is-- yet another way that Wesleyan is creating socially-conscious critical-thinkers.
As an alum, I find reasons to be proud of Wesleyan regularly-- but this one really struck me. I just wanted to relay my enthusiasm and let you know my little corner of the alumni network is bursting its buttons.

Thanks,

Sarah
_________________________

3 comments:

Alison Plenge said...

i love this! did you send it? you must send along any response you receive.

Sarah said...

He wrote back, he said "Thanks, Sarah!"

I'm only swooning a little.

Juliet said...

time to add the label "love"