Today is my 30th birthday! Crazy, right? Not so much because 30 is that old, but because it’s all starting to speed up just like they always say it will. Ten years ago was 20? How did that happen? This whole ride is likely (hopefully, knock on wood) a third over? Whoa. But kind of like turning 23 after the first year out of college, this birthday feels right. And I’m in a good place. I live in a house that I own with a terribly swell fellow. I have the two best dogs in the world. I have a job that I love in a career that I want. Over the last 30 years I’ve met and made many good people and good friends. I was even able to wrangle a decent showing at some birthday beers on Friday here in my newest life. Then Saturday I had more celebration and did shots of tequila with a 20 yr old. So, basically, a dream come true. Except Sunday morning, based on how many tequila shots were done. Oh, and weekend before last in Vegas I stayed up after 7am. So…being a rockstar is not as easy these days as it used to be… but I do, apparently, still have it in me.
So, on this culmination of 30 years of earth, I'm looking forward to the ones coming down the pike. I'm thankful for what I have and what I've done and who I know. I'm hopeful I can continue to work on myself, doing things better and being my best version of me. I'm excited that there is so much good ahead, as indicated by how much good there is behind.

No comments:
Post a Comment