Tuesday, July 26, 2011

You Don't Know Jacques

There’s a story I’m involved in telling pretty frequently, it’s where a friend from high school asks if another friend and I have ever used opium. There is this long pause. I don’t know what she was thinking, but I was thinking, “haveidonethatnobutisitsomethingishouldlieabouthavingdone?” Turns out the preface was a vehicle for her to tell us another friend had. So if you spend some time in other peoples’ worlds, it’s hard to hold on to your sense of up and down, good and bad. It happens a lot with the internet, there are so many weirdo worlds in there. For awhile it was Christian mommy bloggers, lately it has been nail polish blogs. Thanks and no thanks to Lauren P. who made/ruined my life with a nail polish blog bundle on g-reader. They all do this thing they call “swatching” where they paint their nails with a new color or design and then photograph their nails while holding the bottle of nail polish. So I painted my nails after work yesterday and took this picture:




And I am admitting this, only because I promptly gave myself a firm talking to where I reminded me that I have interests and a career and interesting people in my life and I don’t need to be a weirdo just because those people on the internet are. I also don't need to compete with what I imagine these other people are. So, no, I have never tried opium. But don't my nails look great?

No comments: