Friday, December 14, 2012

Pro Tips

Since I am such an expert on person upkeep and looking beautiful, thought I'd share some recent faves on the topic. This edition: Moist Things.

Arizona is extremely dry. Duh. And where I live is also cold. So we are constantly moisturizing our body parts.

This is the best lip balm ever. Best flavor is Grapefruit & Ginger (I have had all but Black Tea & Blackberry Mango & Mandarin). It's not sticky at all like things in tubes often are, it stays on lips for a long time and it has SPF without tasting like sunscreen (arguably a bigger problem than the fiscal cliff.)

This is the best hand/cuticle cream. It's not cheap, but one of the hardest lessons I've learned in adulthood is that sometimes things that cost more are really better. This does not apply to lawyers or most store brands at the grocery store. It's not greasy and also stays on for a long time. I'm also increasingly obsessed with Philosophy and love this stuff.

Make your own sugar scrub with olive oil, sugar and a couple of drops of essential oils. I used peppermint.  Made dry winter hands so happy. Also feet. Smooth like a baby's bottom, just what you always wanted your appendages to feel like.

Moira got me into Coconut Oil. I put it around my eyes sometimes at night, like eye cream and sometimes smear it through my hair and sleep on it.  After washing the next day, it is as soft as a hair dream. I used Trader Joe's because I haven't found any cheaper. I do have a second jar I keep in the kitchen for cooking/non-beauty routine uses.

To moisture!

No comments: