It's like this past nearly two years have been so much about growth and moving forward that it was easy to forget that some things were good and didn't have to be abandoned in the name of progress.In the mean time, there's a lot to be done: getting stuff found and sent from Minnesota, getting life together, finishing up and leaving a job, buying things... being anxious and excited by getting off the treadmill and looking around.
Wednesday, January 12, 2005
Making it Happen
I got my tickets for peru last night- I leave January 28th and return February 23rd. Sometimes the past seems so isolated from the present that its easy to think that traveling in South America was a "study abroad thing," a one-shot deal. I've re- found the feeling I had when I got back from Chile, that the way it's done isn't the way it has to be. When I would meet folks traveling, they were generally adults who had just kind of taken off from life; teachers in the summer, investment bankers who work until they've saved enough and rock out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment