Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Oh No.

The good news is that I am back with perpetual internet access. The bad news is that now I work at a humongous (500 lawyers in NYC) law firm. Today is my third day. The actual process of getting a job was much simpler than last time, the five month lag was replaced with a five day one between when I got my act together to go to an agency and when I accepted the position. It is in the World Financial Center. People tourist the building, trying to get a good shot of their kids in front of the World Trade Center site. There are 4 buildings and it feels like a mall. The GAP, Banana Republic, Ann Taylor, Starbucks and Cosi help. The firm has its own cafeteria and gym and so there is never any need to go outside. In the cafeteria, you eat food deducted from money on a magnetic card (the money goes on it through the exact same machines that gave us the laundry cards at Wesleyan), but I have so far avoided it because I don't know anyone yet and have weird elementary school fears. So today I ate a salad at Cosi alone and ran into a kid from my LSAT class. The past fews days have been intensely boring and somehow also intensely exhausting and periodically I scare myself, thinking that I'll become complacent and ok with doing work with no connection to actual people. Only corporations, bad ones, too. But first I have to be given some work. Tomorrow I watch a video about Insider Trading. Holy Fuck.

1 comment:

Fletch said...

I just want to say that you sent me this exact post in an email, without ever mentioning that you had a blog. I feel lied to.