Monday, March 28, 2005

Think Twice: 2

I eventually watched the "Think Twice: The Inside Story on Insider Trading" as well as its sequel "Think Twice:2" in a conference room on the 40th floor alone. As one would expect, even in industry-specifics videos from the 1990s about Insider Trading, the original was a lot better than the sequel. The room had a plasma screen TV and a rechargeable console that you could take around the room which controlled the vcr, TV, computers, etc. There were big leather chairs and engraved pens (of which I took 4) and before I got the videos I made a joke to my supervisor about not having or knowing anyone who has anything to trade. She didn't think this was funny.
In other news, yesterday was Easter and Kristina invited me to ponder whether ham has developed as a traditional Easter dish only to further differentiate Christians from Jews. In this vein, I celebrated Easter with Rob's family in an a-religious meal near the ocean in Jersey. I had my first Surf n' Turf, remembered how very good lobster is and meditated on how to redeem my soul. This was to differentiate myself from kosher Jews and Hindus.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I also capped the whole experience by watching 10 minutes of Dawson's Creek on TBS on the plasma screen before returning the videos.