Sunday, August 05, 2007

Remedial?

So there is this wing of the family that lives in Madison that isn't really related to me... you may have heard me refer to them. Anyway, I just thought of a funny story. These people are really nice, really, really nice. But there's something about them that doesn't quite connect with me. And they really don't seem to totally connect with each other, it's a lot of watching conversations where you know both people are not thinking about/talking about the same thing-- and not really being in the position to say anything. So I was over there last month, they asked me what I was doing this summer, was I taking classes? I said, no, well, I'm working in a clinic at school-- so it's like a job, but I get credit for it. Then they said, "Oh, so it's like a remedial thing?"

Uh no. It's not a "remedial thing." I tried not to be sassy or visibly shocked. Although I did guffaw a bit.

Do I look remedial to you?

No comments: