You may be still slogging through a turkey-hangover and totally grossed out by majority-poultry recipes... but then you can just keep these in mind for 2011. I segued straight from turkey (and red wine) hangover to sick-as-dog holed up in bed. It's awesome. And I've watched some great chick-flicks, like Confessions of a Shopaholic and The Proposal. And I'm not getting better? So weird.
1. Chicken Enchiladas. I've made approximately this recipe a bunch of times now with great success. I sometimes use roasted green chiles instead of tomatillos (depends on what we get from the CSA). I have done it with cooking my own boneless or bone-in chicken (instead of using the deli roasted chicken) and it does just add this other level of complication and time committment. I would also recommend making a whole big tray since even with the deli chicken, its a bit of an ordeal and more satisfying if you can either feed a bunch of people with them or eat them for many meals. They're delicious.
1. Chicken Enchiladas. I've made approximately this recipe a bunch of times now with great success. I sometimes use roasted green chiles instead of tomatillos (depends on what we get from the CSA). I have done it with cooking my own boneless or bone-in chicken (instead of using the deli roasted chicken) and it does just add this other level of complication and time committment. I would also recommend making a whole big tray since even with the deli chicken, its a bit of an ordeal and more satisfying if you can either feed a bunch of people with them or eat them for many meals. They're delicious.
2. Chicken Tagine. This one is courtesy of the Plaitkens. But I also made it and can vouch for its ultimate deliciousness. I just somewhat cooked the chicken in a pot before adding it to the other ingredients. The microwaving situation skeeved me out, the comments seem to agree.
3. Parmesan & Thyme Crackers. I haven't actually made these, but I have eaten them. Check out the recipe and see why they're sooo good.
1 stick unsalted butter at room temperature
4 oz grated parmesan (about 1 cup)
1 tsp minced thyme
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
Cream all ingredients together, roll into a ball and then a log and wrap in plastic. Refrigerate for at least 30 min. but up to 4 days. When ready, cut into 3/8 inch rounds and bake for 22 minutes on parchment paper at 350 degrees.
3. Parmesan & Thyme Crackers. I haven't actually made these, but I have eaten them. Check out the recipe and see why they're sooo good.
1 stick unsalted butter at room temperature
4 oz grated parmesan (about 1 cup)
1 tsp minced thyme
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
Cream all ingredients together, roll into a ball and then a log and wrap in plastic. Refrigerate for at least 30 min. but up to 4 days. When ready, cut into 3/8 inch rounds and bake for 22 minutes on parchment paper at 350 degrees.

1 comment:
A choice comment from the Chicken Tagine recipe: "disappointed that a microwave is called for - don't have one and don't want one. at least provide oven or stove-top alternative." Umm, the alternative is to cook it on the stove. Duh.
Hope you feel better soon, soul sister!
Post a Comment