Thursday, January 13, 2011

WesLove

Tomorrow starts a very fun Wesleyan-related debaucherous adventure in New Orleans. Tonight was a Wesleyan reception with the president of the university. There were about 50 people there, a much larger turnout than I expected. Highlight of the evening and possibly my week (was not the cupcakes from the alum's cupcake store or the spanokopita, both which received high marks) was the statement of the current Wes sophomore when I said I was a public defender. "Whoa. That's, like, legit."

Second was a senior who said he wanted to live in New York for a few years and then go to Wisconsin for law school. "I basically want to do what you did."

And it's not so shabby, is it, kids? I am insanely jealous of you that you still get to be at Wesleyan... but you can do stuff after that is, for lack of a better term, totally legit.

I also had a moment of nostalgia with a couple who graduated in '92. They have two PhDs and eight kids... and he still regrets not hanging around Middletown the summer of 1992 after they graduated. I told him I thought it was completely understandable.

No comments: