Periodically I get totally overwhelmed by how many things in my life have to be charged. As in, plugged in. Other times I am overwhelmed by passwords and codes, I'll get to that later. The plugging in is out of control. The laptop. The cell phone. The ipod. In theory, the camera batteries but I can't handle it and so I pay out the wazoo for disposable batteries since I can't seem to handle having the rechargeable ones and the charger and an outlet in the same place at the same time. Things are constantly low on juice and I'm doing these silly calculations in my head-- how much longer can I type from this chair? Can I make a conference call from somewhere other than home without my phone going dead. It's a stupid byproduct of being so gosh-darned privileged and upwardly mobile as I am.
And speaking of privilege and upward mobility... the passwords and codes? 4 debit cards Email. Online social networking. Other email. OTHER email. Door code for the journal office. Door code for the clinic office. Bank login. A bazillion credit card logins. FAFSA pin. Social security number. So many things to remember... Yes, it's very difficult to be me.
Tuesday, June 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
don't be a baby. be glad you're american. poor people don't have so much stuffs they can plug in. or even any outlets.
Post a Comment