Monday, December 03, 2007

Fatherly Pep Talk. Kind Of.

me: I was talking to kristi about how weird it is that after this semester, I can appear in court. And she commented how she can appear unsupervised (since she's 100% lawyer now) and how weird that is.

dad: yeah, the two of you could appear together.

me: me and kristi, with someone's freedom in our hands.

dad: you and kristi could do a death penalty case, just the two of you. someone's LIFE could be in your hands. you guys don't know anything!

me: . . . . . .

dad: at a certain point, you realize, no one is driving this bus, it's all just us kids!

me: . . . . .

yeah... but... I mean, we could probably do a better job than a lot of peoples' lawyers.

dad: oh sure, you'd do a much better job than a lot of people, you give a shit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

johan could be our paralegal.