Some are nerdy, some are not...
A writ I wrote last week for a 15 year old accused of armed robbery was granted, so that's like, we won. At least enough to get him sent back to juvenile court. Where, really, any 15 year old belongs.
Friday night I went out with office folks, a long happy hour and a bar and Soul Rebels, which is always fun. Lots of funny, drunkish conversations with lawyers and clerk and staff. Mostly worth waking up on Saturday, nearly afternoon, and feeling like warmed over spit. And it was raining, so I went to Batman. And, since the whole country saw it this weekend, you probably already know that it's awesome. My two-year relationship with a comic artist, and pressure from some of his super-obsessed friends to see and do everything DC/Marvel makes me a little hesitant about seeing super hero movies. But, I'll be damned, this is not the Hellboy II they would have made me see (let's be honest, I never would have seen it, but they would have given me a hard time).
Saturday night we basically ate all night, first sushi and beer, then tried to eat cajun food but were too full. So I went home with everyone's leftovers, which meant I was eating Alligator Cheesecake for breakfast (amazingly delicious) and eggplant bouillabaisse for lunch. I tried to go on a run Sunday morning, but it was already about 95 degrees at 10am... so it quickly turned into a long walk with iced coffee. That segued into some time reading the Jonathan Franzen book, The Discomfort Zone by the pool. And a sunburn that I wore to an evening in jail for First Appearances.
Monday, July 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
a walk with iced coffee beats a run anytime
i love the discomfort zone. love.
Post a Comment