Since the last time I wrote, we got a new president, I got a cold, school started, my internship at the Supreme Court started, Chuckles and I had a Manniversary (it's an Anniversary, for men!) and tried to develop a new plan of where we will go and what we will do when school ends in May and we are (ack!) lawyer. Ack. Oh, and Anwar and I got a stalker.
First things first, GoooooOOOObama! It was wonderful, I stayed home that morning and cried into my oatmeal. And a few hours later, cried into my turkey sandwich. So much has been said, you don't need me.
School is annoying, although I only have two classes- Immigration and Trusts & Estates. Those actually seem like things that might come up for you or your friends, so keep me in mind if you ever move to another country or die. Wi. Supreme Court is good, so far. I have a "bench memo" to write about an interesting case... so interesting it's pretty hard to think about and what to do. I can't tell you about it, though, so please stop asking.
For Manniversary, we ate steak at home and drank wine and watched Pineapple Express and didn't use phones or internet. It was very fun. Figuring out what comes next is not as much... we have some irons in the fire, still. It's just hard not to become discouraged by the very worst time to be trying to get any job, much less a government-funded one. And there really hasn't been a wave of people getting the kind of jobs I/we want, and we're just left out... it's slow going, the timetable is later, etc. It's just hard to remember and not be stressful. Waa waa.
In the most important news, yesterday at Indian Buffet lunch with Anwar, we got a stalker/"new friend." He was nervous and blond and told us he used to be in law school but dropped out and now plays online poker as his job. And (not surprising based on the previous sentence) he and his girlfriend are trying to meet more people. Those people are supposed to be us. Naturally, I gave him Anwar's real name and email address... so they may be together right now, enjoying life as new friends. Or Anwar may be fighting for his life. Either way, adventure!
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
FYI: I'm alive for now. If I don't write a comment within the next 24 hours, that means our stalker got me.
Post a Comment