Sunday, January 18, 2009

New Orleans Recap

Got back from another week in New Orleans late last night. I recently figured out I've spent 17 weeks over the past 2 years there. That's a lot... Anyway, I thought I'd recap by recapping what but mostly where I ate. So if you know someone going there, you can tell them about the good places.

Friday:
Ribs at Interstate BBQ, Memphis. Apparently famous. They are not kidding when they say the $8 rib tips are for a "big appetite."

Saturday:
Beignets from Cafe Du Monde
World's Healthiest Pizza (Mediterranean...mmm...)
BBQ at Josie's

Sunday:
Ruby Slipper (crab cake brunch)
Pat O's (2 hurricanes, and they sell food?!?! My americana classic, wings and salad)
No dinner= still a mistake

Monday:
5 Happiness (funny name and a little expensive for dinner, but good lunch specials and really tasty high quality chinese food.)
Oki Nago dinner (Yes, it's a buffet in Metairie... but it has all you can eat sushi, oysters, mongolian grill for $15?!?! Yes!)

Tuesday:
5 Happiness leftovers
Liuzza's By the Track (get the gumbo)
Jacques Imo's (alligator sausage cheesecake, fried green tomatoes with shrimp remoulade) + Maple Leaf (Rebirth Brass Band)

Wednesday:
Juan's Flying Burrito (everything is good. My fave over the summer was the jerk shrimp salad-- with mango and goat cheese? Delish! This time I got the luau quesadilla. Mostly for the bacon.)
Liuzza's (unrelated to the other Liuzza's-- fried pickles, shrimp po' boy)

Thursday:
Red Beans & Rice at Lauren's House.

Friday:
Slices (andouille & shrimp pizza? ok!)
Harbor Seafood & Oyster Bar (if you're the airport, go here. It's awesome and a dozen really good oysters on the half shell are $6)

And so I am back... and feeling I need a full body cleanse.

2 comments:

Erin said...

I love that you provided links. I just spent the past .5 hour checking out where you ate last week. Ummm. Now back to strategic planning.

Happy MLK. Looking forward to tomorrow.

Juliet said...

Flush Those Toxins! Eh, Not So Fast

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/22/fashion/22skin.html