Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Differences

A couple of differences I've noticed so far on my sojourn to Arizona.

1. Local news from Phoenix shows current temp- 10:22pm is 99 degrees. It's about 65 right now in Flagstaff.

2. The woman at Hertz told me I needed a bigger car than a Hyundai Accent to go "up north" because they are having "weather." She thought the Accent would "probably make it...but...." I clarified that "weather" meant rain and told her I thought I'd be fine.

3. Daily Show and Colbert are over by 9 here. Weird.

There will be more, I am sure, once I have interacted with more than: a rental car lady, a waiter, front desk clerk and checkout guy.

2 comments:

Fletch said...

early daily show might be the central/rocky mountain timezones' greatest contribution to society.

Erin said...

the thing about timezones is they are always the same amount of time difference.

i have yet to grow accustomed to my time zone difference. like right now for example it is almost 3pmo n the east coast. i just had breakfast and am finishing my morning coffee.

side note: i would love to be involved in the coffee shop. it will be amazing and we can create community any and everywhere!