Sunday, January 03, 2010

House a Home

Some advances toward home improvement straddled the new year. From consultation with HVAC guys about why half the house is freezing to a backhoe digging out the backyard, things are moving along. We went down to Ikea yesterday and came back with an awesome kitchen island and some sorely needed additional storage for the bathroom(s).



This is the new stove that was finally delivered and installed on Saturday. I love it. I was delighted, at 11pm last night after a long day in Phoenix and a long evening assembling furniture to pop a frozen pizza into its flawless self. I've never had a new stove before. And while I can feel myself getting caught up in the homeowner's lament of the expense and the hassle of it all, I hope to continue to be able to enjoy that thrill. Yes, it cost a lot of money, but I went to Sears and picked out that stove and which features I want and what I'm willing to pay more for... and now it's mine (ok, ours) and it's awesome. And some previous incarnation of myself might be horrified that I'm blogging about a stove... but screw her. The stove is awesome. And so is remembering that this is our freaking house!!!

No comments: