Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Other Side!

Here I am, on the other side of the bar. Man, it feels really awesome. I've never studied for something for three months, been tested for two full days and lived to tell about it. But now I have and here I am. I never want to do it again and will probably spend at least a moment of each day between now and early May thinking about/hoping for good results. They tested Secured Transactions for the first time in over twenty years. Historical!

I had some misadventures getting down to Phoenix, which at the time seemed incredibly major and interesting. My story of trial, tribulation and triumph was probably going to be a Lifetime original movie. Turns out, it's not really interesting or all that dramatic. Basically, the windshield wiper transmission (there is such a thing...?) needs to be replaced (for $450...) and after the high drama, I finished the trek to Phoenix, courtesy of Rain-X and a really nice mechanic outside of Camp Verde, AZ.

Since returning home on Thursday, I've started in on the list of things I haven't been doing for 3 months a.k.a. My "Bar Trip."

Clean Bathroom!


Paint Bathroom (unclear if this marigold, excuse me "squash" counts as the "orange room")


Painted the guest room! Liquid Blue!Got my nails did (photo obviously post-guestroom painting.) "Chop-stick it to me." So awesome the woman next to me changed her mind from some purple and totally copied me! And then apologized for looking at my feet, which I found strange and unnecessary.

And a massage (not pictured)! And now you owe me an apology for looking at my feet.

And also, a real heartfelt thank you. I can't really explain how much it meant in the last few days pre-bar to get so many well wishes and notes. It's a little silly and sappy but it really made a difference in my mental state, also something I've never really experienced before. I mean, good wishes and good luck are always nice, but this time, as I was cresting the 3rd floor of the Phoenix Convention Center on the escalator, holding my laptop and bag of pens so tight I couldn't feel my fingers... well, I felt like I had a small army/cheering section/booster club behind me. Turns out it was just some sweaty ASU Law 09 grad. Well, him AND the small army. But seriously, it was really nice. So, thank you.




No comments: