Monday, April 04, 2011

FB

So if facebook status updates are annoying, maybe the only more annoying thing would be me complaining about them years after they were relevant. But here goes, sorry...

So there's the genre of "Sarah ate a turkey sandwich for lunch" that people love to complain about-- who cares about those details about your stupid life, etc. But the updates irking me lately are more in the category of "what the eff did you expect?"

"Sarah has a new baby and is really tired."

"Sarah lives in Death Valley and it is hot."

"Sarah likes weekends more than weekdays."

I am sure I've been guilty of this, as well but if you had a baby and thought you were going to get lots of sleep, or complained about not having a job until you got one and suddenly realized time off is nice... you're ill-prepared for life. If you expected all of these things but stil think these are interesting things to talk about... I beg to disagree. AND, if you are someone who "likes" or engages with these type of updates... please stop. I doubt this is the case, since readers who would do such a thing are more likely to read blogs of people who say "LOL" way more than I do, but it's a public service announcement.

2 comments:

Kristina said...

My biggest dislike is when someone "posts" on my wall and then it's really just that person answering a question about me that I can't see unless I answer some questions.

AS IF.

addie anne said...

My baby is 27 days old! CRAZY!!!