I'd been hearing about the Paleo Diet from various people (ok, some tangential acquaintances on Facebook) and the other week checked the book out of the library, I was curious. After a pretty quick glance, I was sure this wasn't for me. I believe them that only eating lean meats, fruits, vegetables and nuts is healthy. I believe maximizing those foods in one's diet would be a good thing. I don't believe I am willing to give up all dairy and grains. More specifically, I believe cheese is maybe the single best reason to be alive now instead of paleolithic times. Well, that and statistically I can expect to live past 30 (3 weeks! c'mon evolution!)
Anyway, today is another Monday where my legs and back are aching from theweekend's paleo workout. It is sometimes yard work where we constructed a border of rocks. It involves moving large-ish rocks from the backyard, in a wheelbarrow, to the front and placing them in this shallow ditch (not just for Greek myths anymore!) It involves digging and twisting and squatting and pushing a wheelbarrow. Reflecting on my sore hamstrings, I realized this was the action all of these strength-training classes are meant to mimic. I have discovered a new/very old way to be paleo-- and eat my cheese too!
Tuesday, April 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
My cousins are on the paleo diet. They are crazy. You can't eat legumes! Like, healthy, good-for-you-with-fiber-and-stuff legumes!! I don't get it...
Post a Comment