Friday, May 09, 2008
Could Have Been Hilarious
I am sitting in the grass outside of the law, having just completed my Evidence exam. And there are all these kids being taken on tours of the University. Kid-kids, like approximately 7 or 8 years old. And they stop in front of the law school and their tour guide tells them, this is the law school, this is where we train the lawyers. "Does anyone know what a lawyer does?" So this could have been really funny and cute... but instead the kids says kind of boring (but uplifting things) like, "they fix things" and "they go to court when people have to go to court." Then the tour guide tells them that the law library is the quietest library IN THE WORLD and that when you go in, you have to open your bag and give the librarians your computer and cell phone. This is a lie. He says this is because when you're training to be a lawyer, you have to read very difficult things and can't be distracted. I did not show him the scrabulous game I was working on. He then told them that the law school is sinking into the hill and that the glass structure in the middle of it is what keeps it afloat. I had never heard this before, but for good measure, I plan to stay away from the building until August.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment