Sunday, May 11, 2008

UMMMMMM...

I am not sure if the public knows about this (how could they, since I just discovered it!)

BUT, about 30 episodes each of Beverly Hills 90210, Melrose Place and Family Ties (and even shit like Star Wars, The Love Boat, Twin Peaks and McGyver) are available on CBS.com, gratis. Click here and enjoy your past.

Last night I watched teh 90210 pilot. You know, when Brandon, Brenda and Brandon's mullet move from Minneapolis to Beverly Hills. I have to say, the Walshes looked A LOT cooler in third grade.

6 comments:

kristina said...

totally overrated. maybe there is something effed up with my internet connection, but i have been trying to watch the first episode of the third season of 90210 for an hour, and it will play a few minutes, then make me watch a commercial for PAM and Gas-X and then give me the option to "share" or "replay." Why can't it just let me watch?

Sarah said...

What is not overrated is that "what is the name of the actress who plays alex p. keaton's mom on Family Ties" was a question-- a daily double question-- in trivia tonight. And I knew it. Because I've watched 6 episodes of FT over the the past 2 days. Meredith Baxter Birney. Happy effing Mother's Day!

Alison Plenge said...

Umm, best post ever. I am watching the pilot. Much better than studying. XXOO.

Julia B said...

the best part in the pilot--brandon walsh in hot tub with rich girl. she points out his solitary chest hair. i mean, so sexy

Alison Plenge said...

I think we could have a book club type discussion group about the first season of 90210. I literally was baffled by the extreme 1990s pop culture that attacks you while you watch the first few episodes. Topics could include:

* Polka dot spandex shorts worn beneath cut-off jean shorts: yay or nay?

* Brandon and Brenda Walsh: twins, or lovers?

* The evolution of Dylan McKay through the years.

Thoughts?

kristina said...

as julia can attest, i am a self-pronounced 90210 expert. i am not relegatad to the margins of pop culture via cbs.com because i have both seasons 1 and 2 on DVD. sometimes i think about not paying my bills so i can buy season 3.

one of my favorite topics is all the changes made from the pilot to the 2nd episode:
- the Walsh house- in the pilot it's a colonial style; by the 2nd episode it's a spanish style
- kelly's car. i think it's a white convertible in the pilot but then a red porsche thereafter
- haircuts: brandon, brenda and mama walsh
-the actress who plays kelly's mom.

Another interesting thing to note is that the opening scene of 90210 showing the mail being forwarded from Minnesota to LA shows the Walsh Minnesota zip code. It's a zip code in Minnetonka, placing them in a very wealthy Minneapolis suburb. I mean, it's no Beverly Hills, but their house in Minnesota was probably pretty sweet too.

That's just my take on the Pilot. I can go on and on.