Monday, August 03, 2009

Frustrated, Incorporated.

What I don't like about how I feel lately is how it all feels very tenuous. We got that house... elation! Came home from the Porkies to learn I don't qualify for Obama's cheapo COBRA... tragedy. (Also, btw totally unfair to say that no longer being able to do a job because I graduated was a voluntary loss of employment. I would have totes kept working at the FJRC for $1k/month and health insurance as long as they'd have me...) I also realized tonight that people should be careful. Like maybe a status message on Facebook about how you're looking through your employee benefits package stings a bit more than you'd intended to a girl who has to call the cardiologist's office tomorrow and cancel her appointment because she is no longer insured. I hope I haven't made someone else have that feeling, I am afraid I probably have.

We started packing to move. It's hot and it sucks. There's almost too much time, we'll be able to do a great job of stretching this misery out for a week to ten days. I got paid by the public defenders, which means I have now appeared in court and been paid for it, which really keeps me in the minority of my peers for now... I'll probably be clinging to that as a shriveled old unemployed lady... I coulda been a contender!

I want a job partially so we can get more stuff! We'll make it on Charlie's... but it will suck. And I have needs. Like flying places and a queen-sized bed and patio furniture and possibly even a Wii, ok?

2 comments:

kristina said...

i want you to do some research on PI law in arizona. and see if you can pitch RA: Arizona. Also I just remembered that Phil moved to Phoenix...Want me to get in touch with him?

In the meantime, maybe you can figure out how to make money from your blog a la mckloca?

Sarah said...

I need kids, at the very least. And some kind of tragedy. Basically, I could play this very wrong and end up poorer because the blog isn't panning out and now I have all these effing kids. Probably better to rely on Chuckleface.