Sunday, August 30, 2009

Oatmeal Pancakes

I made oatmeal pancakes this morning (before the aforedreamed nytimes and coffee session), basically this recipe. Except not really at all. All of the ingredients, except nutmeg and wheat germ because I didn't have any. And about 3-6 times as much oatmeal, but cooked, steel cut oats. They were good, real good and a nice way to avoid sweet breakfasts leaving me vaguely nauseated and hungry an hour later.

I am also experimenting withe making my own yogurt from here. And even looking forward to making my own laundry detergent when what we have runs out. Although I've always really liked making things I never considered I could make myself, I do have to give credit for many of these ideas to the Christian Mommy Blogs I've been frequented. I mean, I might not believe in Satan. Or hell. Or Jesus. Or "submission" to one's husband. Or letting God decide how many kids one has (since apparently God always chooses, like, 17)... but I sure can I get behind saving a buck or two!

I'll let you know how the yogurt, laundry detergent and possible birth-again turn out.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your frequenting the christian mommy blogs is frightening to me. I am sure there are subliminal messages in there, as evidenced by your willingness to make detergent. I insist that you go to TMZ.com immediately for debauchery and deprogramming!