Monday, September 28, 2009

Bzzz Bzzzz Bzzzz

I need a dream dictionary or something. I know other peoples' dreams are super-boring, but last night I had an incredibly realistic one- that I was stung by a bee and had an allergic reaction. My throat was swelling shut and in the dream, I got an epinephrine shot and everything went back to normal. Now the notable thing is that I felt the pain of the bee sting, the sensation of my throat closing, the prick of the epi pen and the release of constriction in my throat and chest. AND the weirdest thing is that I woke up in an adrenaline rush, right after dreaming I'd been given the epi shot. I am not sure that I've ever had such a thorough and realistic dream, replete with all of these weird bodily reactions.  Unless Charlie was poking me with needles during the night and sitting on my chest, my subconscious was doing like one of those simulator rides—to the center of the earth! Or something. Anyway, thought I'd share.

No comments: