I am going to try to make this one of very few blog posts about bar study. Because it's boring enough for me to do it, no reason to bore my readership as well. But here goes. I'm 4 weeks in. It sucks. I wonder whether I've learned/been reminded of/will retain anything. It's boring as shit, completely overwhelming and I feel like I don't have the time to do it right. Which brings me to my point. Everyone who spent last summer updating facebook statuses bemoaning BarBri... please shut up. I am aware that my situation is nowhere near as tough as it could be. I only have one job I have to be at 45 hours a week. I have no young children. I have (or will again soon) the internet at home. I have a supportive joint tenant with right of survivorship who will do the packing, moving and unpacking so I can study. I would even count it in my favor for only this discrete purpose that said JTWROS isn't home during the week, so I can devote weekday evenings to studying without being tempted to, say, talk to someone. HOWEVER. Having all day every day to study would make things a lot easier. A lot. It would definitely still suck, still be boring and still be overwhelming... but I'd have an extra 9 hours a day to tackle it. And so, with all due respect, I'd like to tell those past people with their June and July belly-aching, to please, please. PLEASE. Just shut up.
And to those who have done this without too much bitching, with jobs, with children, with other pressing life-obligations... my hat is off to you. Because this sucks.

No comments:
Post a Comment