Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Ten Years?

Hard to believe it's been ten years since high school-- time has gone very fast and very slow. Actually, exactly ten years ago I suppose we were preparing for our first round of college exams. Although when I think about college, especially the first couple of years, I don't remember the school work at all.
Anyway, like our cohort across the country, the Minneapolis Southwest Class of 1999 had our reunion over Thanksgiving weekend. And it was so fun. No, I mean SO FUN. I was looking forward to it already-- not in some weirdo Romy & Michelle way where I was going to finally prove to the world I am a worthwhile person now, afterall (because, let's be honest, pretty sure I was cool then, pretty sure I am cool now.) But the event totally exceeded my expectations. Everyone was so nice and happy to see each other and... adult. Everyone was relaxed and really in the moment, also so nice to see and be a part of. I was so impressed by what people were doing-- thankfully pretty varied but mostly all interesting and pursuing some kind of passion. It was great to see. Interestingly, there are a glut of attorneys in our class, but as far as I could tell, no medical doctors. I guess we can credit Minneapolis Public Schools for turning out cool kids... just not necessarily on its science curriculum.

ps. I may have tried to get two classmates to make out by tapping one on the shoulder, asking if he is single and suggesting he make out with the other one. Erm... some things never change? Go Lakers!

No comments: