Monday, February 05, 2007

Anniversaries

A year ago I really felt like my life was over. I got dumped and didn't know where I was going to be living in six months. I was preparing to leave the whole life I'd created over the previous seven years-- I was so sad and so scared about the future. But time kept going, the future came, the future is here and everything is ok. Good, even. I think it's kind of important to look back at those moments from time to time. Because it helps to remember when shit hits the fan again, that everything passes and in time, everything stops hurting, it works out, and usually for the best.

1 comment:

Juliet said...

You said it. I intially read "my heat was broken for awhile this afternoon" as "my heart was broken for awhile this afternoon." I believe that's called projection?