Sunday, February 04, 2007

It's cold

It is eleven degrees below zero in Madison right now, that's before wind chill. It's cold. And that's mostly what folks have been talking about. They also talked a lot today about the Packers and the Super Bowl. My heat was broken for awhile this afternoon, which was unfortunate but was thankfully fixed pretty quickly. I'd kind of forgotten what it's like, when the extreme cold comes and sets in for awhile. When you really can't be outside and your bones are always cold.

Changing topic, although it's cold, I am basically content. It's always funny when I realize something like that, because things always seem flawed in the present and much better in retrospect. I think that's a life-goal, being present and grateful in the moment. Right now, it's going well.

This is an interesting article about the murder rate in NOLA. Also eye-opening to learn what all the signs saying "ENOUGH!" were about. They were everywhere. A dead body was found in the backyard of the house we were working out of. Unrelated, but also strange and I'd kind of forgotten.

No comments: