Friday, May 18, 2007

The Birthday has begun...

After an old-school style bender following the last final on Wednesday, I'm now fresh back from an evening in Milwaukee. The Hold Steady, best pizza anywhere and overnight and lovely breakfast. All courtesy of Charlie and all I had to do was stay alive to see 26. It's kind of a trick, since technically I haven't fulfilled my end of the bargain. I intend to, though, don't worry, friends. It was all really fun.
Anyway, the next party starts in an hour or so. Beers on the terrace, then a cookout and then... well, it may never end. Below is a picture from the concert last night, Craig Finn proves that if he can be a rockstar, there is truly hope for all of us. The spirit of rock and roll can make anyone a star.

I am hoping to channel a little bit of that tonight... knowing, of course, that soon I can sleep for days.

No comments: