Sunday, April 13, 2008

Freakin Weekend

In other activities, it was a good weekend. Friday went straight from executing a good direct examination in trail advocacy class to admitted students dinner where I identified another Wesleyan alum at the law school (a clinical professor, we were both very excited to discover this. Obvi) and talked to people about coming to school here. Then I saw a concert, Bon Iver. He's a friend of a friend here from high school, a Wisconsin falsetto that will break your heart. It was awesome and they came out and played the last song right next to us in the audience. Then we drank beer.

Saturday Charlie's roommate made us a surprise brunch and I transitioned straight from that to talking to admitted students some more. OH-- and sending on applications for an apartment. Assuming that goes through, we'll have a cute place with a lot of built-in shelving near the capitol next year. There is also free laundry.

Later Saturday a banquet and after party, which both ended up being a lot more fun than anticipated. Today we cashed in coupons like crazy, got 2-for-1 lunch, a free do-it-yourself dogwash and 50% off dog treats.

Was there some minutiae I missed? I sure hope not.

4 comments:

chaz said...

is this my blog or your blog?

Sarah said...

If you want my activities to be a surprise, you should stop hanging out with me so much. Today's blog entry, while we were apart: Slept, drank orange juice, moaned in discomfort, ate soup, rented movies, drank more orange juice, continued moaning.

travis said...

i was at that show. shoot.

Erica said...

A boy who became apparently smitten with me after two dates made me a mix with Bon Iver on it. So, so good. But in moderation. Even I can't handle all the heartbreakiness.