Saturday, April 19, 2008

Upcoming Professional

After spending some quality writing a motion about a fake case. And outlining a cross-examination of a fake cop in the fake case, I thought I should reward myself by bringing my leftover giftcards to the sale rack at the Gap. And so I did. I did vigilante pants shopping and walked away with two pairs of pants suitable for work that fit just fine and came off the sale rack. This is, of course, a raging success. But I also tried on a bunch of white shirts, some of which fit fine... but were all kind of translucent. On top of their see-through nature, I was also trying them on with a black bra, so the effect was particularly Carrie Bradshaw Business Casual. Now, this presents a problem for someone like me. I am not dressing demurely sexy business casual in order to catch the eye of the cute senior associate one of the late nights we spend pouring over discovery boxes.... nope, I am wearing these clothes to prison. Or, in the alternative, to jail and court. This is not the time to be demurely sexy. Or sexy. Or translucent.
So, I didn't get any shirts. But I did kind of like that whole Carrie Bradshaw part.

1 comment:

kristina said...

you could have at least included a photo.