Monday, April 07, 2008

Scholastic Updates

In chronological order over the past week:

1. I more or less quit grad school. Emphasis on the more. I dropped a class and mentally decided it's ok not to do the dual-degree. There are a number of reasons I decided this, chiefly that I started it because I thought it would be fun and I have been finding it neither fun nor rewarding. I didn't want to stay more time in school to complete it and if I did complete it in three years, I would miss other opportunities. Dropping this class was a hassle and a half and really made me miss attending small school where if there was a bureaucratic problem I could direct each agent the other, across the hall of North College.

2. Last Friday was law prom, which I did not attend. I didn't go last year, either, because we had tickets the Decemberists. I would like to say I didn't go because I am too cool. The truth is feeling alienated, unattractive and totally F-ED in a certain class that shall remain nameless except that it rhymes with Kevifence... made it seem like maybe I should be doing something other than wearing too little clothing and getting black-out drunk. Maybe.

3. Yesterday I was elected Symposium Editor of the Journal. Even more than my position, we have an amazing board that I am really looking forward to working with. And, of course, I will put together a butt-kicking Symposium.

4. And then this morning I won award about caring about poor people.

5. And then this afternoon learned I got one of the Project Assistant positions in the clinic I've been working in for the past year. This means next year I work for them 14 hours/week and in exchange do not pay for school. And am paid a stipend. And get health insurance. It's basically the best thing that has happened in a while. Charlie actually got one of the other two positions. Which not only means we continue to be a pukey puke puke power couple, but a power couple that will have about $75,000 less in debt than they would have otherwise.

1 comment:

kristina said...

you are amazing.