In this weird new temporary life, I have some things I don't have in real life. Like a pool and cable. Here are some things about the cable:
-Cox cable apparently has a monopoly here (I got a pedicure today after first appearances and the ladies in the chairs next to me were complaining about it. At first appearances I met a man who lost a leg in a construction accident. He told me supports himself by doing surveys on the internet. Me: Wow, that's amazing. Him: Yeah, well... it's a lot of of surveys. What did I say about every thing that happens being bizarre and interesting...?) and they play an ad where there is someone checking out at the grocery. The clerk scans bread, $1.50. Milk, $1.60. Coffee, $4.69, etc. And then the clerk says, "ok, that'll be $23.50." And the customer just walks away. So the clerk turns to the next person and says, "ok, that will be $23.50 extra." The point is supposed to be that if one person steals cable, everyone else's bill goes up. I guess we are supposed to start reporting our neighbors or something. Since I am not paying for my cable (not stolen, just comes with the place) all I do is marvel at how cheap all the food is. I paid almost $4 for a loaf of bread today!
-The Real World: Hollywood is now 4 women and 3 men. More interestingly, there are three white people and three black people. This seems unprecedented in RW history. There's nothing really more to that, but it's interesting.
-Why do they play 3 Law and Orders at a time all week and barely any on the weekend? Seriously, what am I supposed to watch. Apparently the answer to that is "Just Friends."
Saturday, June 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment