Sunday, June 29, 2008

This Evening

In a great cultural experience, I went to the movies. I saw Get Smart in Harahan, LA. And I bought a daquiri at the snack bar and drank it during the movie-- the greatest movie innovation since sour cream & onion pringles instead of sugared popcorn of the Chilean cinematic experience. The movie was "eh." But the first half sure was funnier than the second half when the sugar and booze wore off.

Speaking of cultural experiences, watching the movie tonight was a lot like watching movies in another country. At certain points, I wasn't sure Lindsey and I were watching the same one everyone else was (and no, I don't think it was all the daquiris.) Like they laughed at puke and people falling down and the few genuinely funny lines, we cracked up and they were silent.

It was all in all a very nice night. I was supposed to do this, but it started raining like crazy at 4pm. So instead I went to an Obama party at a bar, then Thai food and then this weird movie experience. Very enjoyable. Just like last night, actually, but hold the upsetting ignorance.

No comments: