Monday, November 24, 2008

Consumer Update

Every so often I like to update you, my loyal readers, on things that I've bought and how they are working out.

1. Gillette Alluring Avocado Shave Gel. If you, like me, think that this will smell like Avocado instead of super-sweet melony crap like every other women's shave gel... well, then you, like me, would be just plain wrong.

2. The iPhone. I bought it about a month ago. I love it so much, it's like my new best friend. You know, like the kind of best friend you pay a lot of money for and then are very worried about getting wet. We play games together, it reminds me to do things and can answer any question in pinch. A true pal.

3. Kemp's 100 Calorie Ice Cream Bars. I can't find a link to them. They are delicious and tiny. And have 7 grams of fat in each tiny little one. I feel a little duped. Quantity over quality, people.

4. Haircut. Got this one today, it was desperately needed. I don't think it's a Madison-is-cheap thing, I think this place is stuck in the 90s or something. It's an Aveda salon, they rub my head with oils and do a good job cutting my hair... for $35. I kind of realized lately I've been letting myself go... ratty hair, ill-fitting jeans, oftentimes some kind of stain on my shirt. Time to get it together, sister.

5. Ticket to Nashville in April for "the house" plus Erin. Will be awesome. Want to stay at the Gaylord Opryland. Also want to wear cowgirl boots and will need tight jeans by the trip.

6. Airfare change from American so I won't spend xmas eve eve in Miami on the way back from the DR... it was $147 to fix my stupidity in scheduling. I have been stupid in much more expensive ways.

4 comments:

kristina said...

A couple of things:
1) if you are still shaving your legs, you haven't really let yourself go.
2) good job on DR decision.
3) best friend? the Ipod would never loan you its boots when you are too drunk to walk in heals.

Sarah said...

But the iphone corrects my spelling. So I will be your best friend and point out you mean "heels." Ok, the iphone is my best friend IN WISCONSIN. How is that?

kristina said...

touche. touche. blame it on the maid/made. my internetz spelling is terrible.

Erin said...

There is something about "letting yourself go." I agree 100%. I don't know if its as much about having a boyfriend than being in grad school. I am somehow disgusting here in Eugene. WTF happened.

I am getting a haircut at an Aveda salon in Portland.

And also the bar is very low in Eugene because of all the g-damn hippies and a "I live on the west coast I can wear whatever I want and feel comfortable."