Wednesday, November 05, 2008

OK, so what was the best part?

Was it literally dancing in the streets?

Was it drinking champagne and crying?

Was it running into a french-canadian acquaintance who embraced me and said, "thank you?"

Ok, how about the smile and tingle each time the radio says "President-elect Obama?"

Or maybe hugging and hi-fiving strangers?

Or maybe talking to loved ones far away, every so completely joyous?

This has been an awesome 18 hours or so. I've had an election-hangover all day. Kind of fuzzy and unsure what happens next. And feeling like spending money and being decadent and thinking about the future....

And I loved Obama's acceptance speech and the emphasis on this not being the end of things, instead the beginning. Which is true. But right now we still need a couple more days of ICANTEVENBELIEVEITOHMYGOD!!!!!!!!

And, let's be honest, probably a lot more crying.

Also, turns out I'm still really white.

1 comment:

HippieLawyer said...

So, I love that both our blog entries today were about us crying about the VICTORY for Hope!

Feel free to cry with me over the evening news with a bottle of wine anytime.