Saturday, November 29, 2008

Hanging Chads


I have spent a lot of time evaluating ballots today on Star Tribune.com. You can take the Senate Ballot Challenge, too. Some of them are totally normal-looking, to me at least. It's clear who they meant to select, even if coloring inside the bubble isn't their strength. But, what I've really noticed here is that folks really screwed up their ballots and then turned them in. Like, you can't circle "Norm Coleman," then draw an X through it and fill the dots next to both Dean Barkley and Al Franken. That's just silly and, to be honest, looks to be more of a crazy problem with crazy Coleman crazy voters. So, here is my PSA for today-- if you mess up while voting, please just ask for another ballot and try not to screw that one up. I know it is state-by-state, but in Wisconsin you get up to three ballots to figure out what you're doing. Or, you know, let each of your personalities vote once and then arm wrestle each other for whose vote to count.

No comments: