Years ago in Italy, a woman walked through the piazza on a sweltering summer day. As she made her way, she passed three stone carvers laboring in the hot sun, each working a on a separate stone. She stopped and asked the first man what he was doing. "I'm just trying to make a living, lady," he grunted. She went over to second man to asked the same thing. "Well, you see, I've got this blueprint," he said. "I'm trying to carve the stone to match the design," he explained. She then asked the third man what he was doing. He looked at the woman and said "I'm building a cathedral."
Monday, February 02, 2009
I guess I can't move quotes up... so here's a new one...
My professor told us this one at the end of our 4th, 5th, 6th Amendment Seminar last semester, wishing for us that we build cathedrals:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment