Thursday, February 26, 2009

This past week, I was plagued with the gchat virus. It got into my gchat contacts and sent them all an instant message that said something like "lol check this out LINK." Now, I have a lot of gchat contacts, most of whom I don't know very well or at all. They're people who have emailed me about SHN or were on the big list of law clerks from last summer and so on. Once this message goes out, people are coming out of the woodwork, responding a day later, "it doesn't work!" or one girl who said "thanks for sharing!"
But, universally, my good friends from all stages of life were immediately suspicious... As Iliana said, "who are these morons thinking you're saying "lol"?" It was kind of a funny warm fuzzy aspect to the virus.
To be fair, if someone clicked on it, it doesn't mean we're not friends. I don't think Schiffty would say "lol" either but I let her give it to me...

No comments: