Monday, March 30, 2009

Whirlwind Report

Las Vegas was really fun. Our flight left at 6am this morning, which means... I'm tired. I ended about $20 down in video poker... which is ok. Because I played a lot of 5¢ video poker and got free beers for doing it. I like to think I came out ahead. I also drank a lot of daiquiris, one came in a football. So there I definitely came out ahead. And went to Hoover Dam and saw the Cirque du Soleil show LOVE... which was pretty effing cool. Those people are amazing and I am amazed that there are enough people who can do that crazy amazing stuff to staff 5 Cirque shows in Vegas plus all the touring companies and so on. Wow. I also got some suntan and ate a ton. I was in "three all you can eat" situations in 4 days... and managed to eat all I could in the rest of technically not "all you can eat" situations. Amazing and disgusting. I had I think 3 hotdogs while we were there. Which is like 3 times more hotdogs than I've had in the past two years. Hotdogs are delicious!
I had a great time with Charlie's family, too, both immediate and extended. Also, apparently the cure for my foot injury was not two weeks of rest, icing and wrapping it like I was trying... no, it was walking a lot and drinking daiquiris so it wouldn't hurt. Voila. Weirdly, it's pretty much fine now. And I discovered not running for almost three weeks and being completely lazy and gluttonous may have derailed my Crazylegs plans. We'll see, maybe I'll get back in the swing faster than I fear based on my frigid little job this afternoon.
So now I spend the next 3 days doing weeks worth of stuff... and eating a lot of vegetables before continuing my wanton ways in Nashville starting Thursday. Woo!

No comments: