We finally had a housewarming party last night-- and since we spent all day Saturday cleaning, I thought that would be a good time to take some pictures for more of a guided tour of the place. I like seeing pictures of other peoples' houses. Maybe you do, too. Also maybe it will encourage you to come visit to see it all for yourself. Glorious.
The far end of the house used to be a garage. Now it's a rec room and laundry room.

We scored this leather couch courtesy of the scratch & dent section of Ikea on Easter and Charlie's parents, who also delivered from Phoenix. That was really nice.

The "rec" is highlighted by the treadmill/striped comforter dryer and the tv and Wii to the right.

Then the often-pictured blue room where you'll stay when you come to visit.

This couch was our main couch when I was growing up, then it lived in the basement of my mom's house, then came to Madison with me, moved to a second place in Madison and then to Arizona. And then to this second place in Arizona. Nevertheless, I found my favorite barrette from age 5 in it this weekend while vacuuming.

It needs more furniture, but we kind of can't figure out what else goes in a guest room. A dresser?

Living room! Did I ever mention we got that couch on craigslist for $60? It's awesome.



Here's a close-up of the Hopi pot pictured on the table-- it was made by the husband of Charlie's co-worker. We were gifted this one (they sell for quite a lot of money) because it has a hairline fracture. A conservator friend was at the housewarming, investigated and said she could fix it. So that's awesome, as well.

Still un-painted front door. The horseshoe that used to be above it is now hanging next to it, as is the "skeleton key" Kristen bought me in Jerome, AZ. It opens anything, I swear.





This is the lavender in the window of the upstairs bathroom. It is otherwise unremarkable but now smells kind of good because of the plant.

These were a housewarming gift-- they're very cute and useful. The guests loved the bustier-topper wine bottle stoppers. I mentioned those were actually a housewarming from when we moved into Sterling Pl. in Brooklyn-- 5 years and 5 addresses ago. They are still really cute.
And, to boot, the free furnace we finally got to replace the one that hasn't been working well for months was installed last week! Yes, it's mid-May! Yes, it's in the 70s during the day (wait, I said the furnace was FREE, right?) But, we wanted to warm the house between the party and the furnace, better late then never!
No comments:
Post a Comment