So I am finally back in Madison. It's nice. This break was awesome, but not at all restful. So a week before classes start, I need a real break. Below is a rough version of the movie I made of our New Orleans trip. The trip was incredible and invigorating. I feel like I am being cheesy when I say it, but it is the truth- it was a life-changing experience. The rest of the country has no idea of the situation, I had no idea. It is like another country down there... and like the 60s. It is so profoundly fucked up and in such in unbelievably bad state, it is hugely depressing, but also amazingly gratifying because you can just jump in and have a very tangible effect on the world and peoples' lives... and that is an addictive feeling. I am/will be trying to generate some writing that is a little more profound, but for the time being, chew on this:
Tuesday, January 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
as a true testament to my inability to manejar new technology, i can't get your movie to load. can you send it to me on VHS or beta?
Post a Comment