Monday, January 22, 2007

Another day, another couple hundred dollars at 8% interest...

Day 1 of Second Semester... done. It really was only one class from 11-12, now I am home watching the West Wing. Aside from the impending feeling of dread and mental impotence... sometimes being in school is o-k.

Anyway, I have been thinking recently about cycles of things. Obviously, the seasons and things like that, but as I've been alive for longer, I have started to see larger cycles. Most in interpersonal interaction. If I had the time and the will, I would start writing them out, trying to find a pattern. Now that I reread that idea, it seems maybe I should have said, "If I go Rainman, I will start writing them out, trying to find a pattern." But it oftens seems like good and bad things, in my life and others, come in waves. It may be a little like reading tea leaves, but it seems that at this time of year, there are always big changes-- or there was that period from February to April or last year when it seemed everyone was breaking up. Or a couple of years ago when everyone's grandparent died. I wonder if there are studies/a religion based on this type of thing, I would be interested in more information.

In related news, we're in "oooh, hi, how was your break?"-time and since that is probably my 4th least favorite type of interaction (this isn't anyone else's fault, it's custom and I do it, too...), I am kind of wondering how bad it would be if I didn't go to school for the first two weeks.

Good idea/bad idea?

5 comments:

kristina said...

what are your other least-favorite types of interaction? fighting that turns to cry-fighting? (that's one of my least favorites).

Lauren said...

yeah try "ooohh how was your trip to Israel?" oh wait, you got that last year...

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

Least Favorite Interactions, in order:
1. Ones where someone is mean to me for no reason.
2. Condescending ones.
3. Ones where I have no idea what the other person is talking about/I can't hear them but have to pretend like I do/can.
4. How was your break?
5. Ones where someone is mean to me for maybe a good reason but it still makes me feel bad.

Unknown said...

Sheeeeet. Thank Bob we're past that phase in DC, three weeks into the semester. Whew. ~g