Saturday, January 05, 2008
24 Walgreens
You can only imagine my confusion and dismay this evening when, for a few minutes, it appeared I had forgotten where the nearest 24 hour Walgreens was in St. Paul. If you know me at all, you should know how strange and unlikely this is. Not only do I have a good sense of direction, but I love Walgreens and so I damn sure know where they are in my home turf. I even resorted to googletexting, thinking perhaps I got the street wrong before noticing that the old Walgreens had been torn down and the store had moved to a spiffy new spot across the street and a couple of blocks away. Phew. I made my purchases that would only embarrass a pre-teen-- tampons, anti-itch cream, cold medicine and brought them to the register. The dude in front of me was buying a box of hemorroid suppositories, two large containers of vaseline and a package of rubber gloves. He then said to the cashier, "God bless you for being open 24 hours." The cashier said, "Hey, no problem, man. We're open for, like, ever." And he's right. And that is why I love Walgreens, they have what you need when you need it, be it itchy feet or some kind of homemade rectal procedure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment