Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Updating Machine

I didn't blog anything about New Orleans. I know. Here's a little. It was great, as always. Very fun (although the whole city seemed to get the stomach flu while we there. Yeah, yeah, me too, the "stomach flu" aka drinking like a freshman in college in a 26.5 yr old body) and very interesting to reflect on the changes since I first went a year ago. Like that the signs nailed to posts in the 9th ward have changed from "See the Levees Breach?" or "GUT Houses" to "Tiling!" and "Drywall." That's progress, I guess. I also got to revisit a lot of favorites and finally get to some spots-- like when C and I had a datey date at Jacques Imo's where I gave him this:

and he refrained from gagging all over it. I like it in New Orleans a lot, though, and after driving myself crazy for really two months, making trips happen for 550 people, while also making finals happen for me... it was nice to see the fruits of my labors, get some kudos and be reminded not to give up.
It also made the recent return to school feel a little scary and terrible. I don't know how I did it last semester and I just don't want to this one. There is actually so much more going on, we're hosting the NLG midwest regional, Spring Break trips will be huge, I have a little paying job, and then those silly 18 credits of school/clinic/journal. I am not just trying to bitch, or impress the internet with my toughness (or my enormous balls) but just explain why I get cold and scared so often and probably also why my weird little heart thing has gotten a lot worse. (I am seeing the Dr. on Friday, don't worry, internet.) Ok, I think this kinda brings us up to the present.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

huge balls