But I digress. There is a lot of reading and kind of a lot more work than I would have expected, I was a little nervous-- this time just to balance everything, as opposed to last semester when I was worried about looking dumb. So today was our first class. The professor gives us a definition of transitional justice, as asks for an example of when these methods were used. A kid raises his hand, first student participation of the term--
"That thing that came after the Civil War that starts with an 'R'-- what's that called?"

So to my mind, it's not that he couldn't summon the word, "reconstruction" that makes me suspect he is dumb... but his willingness to bring up something he can't even remember in front of the class. Was he not teased in elementary school? Does Wisconsin not properly socialize its children? Geez, louise!
The various other folks proceeded to bring up all and only the examples that were provided in the syllabus and one girl asked what an annotated bibliography was.
So. Um. I am not really so worried anymore.

1 comment:
my example of transitional justice is that one thing that happened after jesus died. um... it started with an r... oh whatever
word verification word: ogmumnh
definition: how i felt after having the REAL stomach flu in nola
Post a Comment