Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Some News

1. My computer is busted. Instead of turning on, it flashes red, green, blue, then this crazy black and white pattern before going black... and then red, green, blue. Oh, and making this terribly crackling noise like the insides are a walkie-talkie on fire. So. The apple people have it. There are "various potential problems." I have 4 more months of AppleCare. Which means I have a loaner from the library and this whole episode won't cost me anything. A big deal for someone who lives on the internet/her computer, though. Also, because of this now know one can rent a MacBook from UW, three days at a time for free. Awesome.

2. I have noticed a shift in the classes this year, which is a little scary. They aren't talking about theories anymore, they're just telling us how to be lawyers. In Evidence tonight I got a little freaked out at the idea of being in trial and everything to consider and how much you can fuck someone's life up. And maybe I am not smart enough for this. And what is even more scary is that if I'm not smart enough for it, the vast majority of people are totally screwed. Wait, they already are. Nevermind.

The bright side? As a professor said other day: a bad prosecutor can ruin many peoples' lives in a morning. A bad defender ruins lives one at a time. Phew.


3. According to Lauren and her sources, brown hair is cool. This is good. Look how cool I am:



4. When the police trick kids on The Wire, it's funny. When they do it in the public defender class scenarios, I'll fight them. Speaking of The Wire, the first episode of season 5 is on iTunes for no monies. If you're into it.

4 comments:

kristina said...

i thought that kiss was for Johan. i'm telling.

Fletch said...

OMG, I'd hit that shit. Ummmm.... Looks great. Copycat.

Lauren said...

Nice! But umm are you in the library??

Sarah said...

Yes.